Monday, February 11, 2008

Found this on Lisa Bearnson's blog ...

so I am gonna go through my old stickers today and send them to him..I think this is such a great idea!

Hey--I need your help. Right before Christmas I was in my local copy center when I noticed a cute boy in his early 20s carefully choosing stickers. They were the Mrs. Grossman's, Sandy Lion, Frances Meyer type stickers--more on the younger, light-hearted side. I observed how he counted his change and then would carefully choose another sticker. He repeated this process several times. I asked the employee how often he does this and she said "Almost every day." I started chatting with him (his name is Brian) and found out he stuffs kid's meal bags at a nearby Subway, then on his breaks goes to the copy center for stickers. He says he LOVES stickers and is obsessed with them--he creates "picture books" with them. I got his name and address and took him a binder full of old stickers at Christmas time. He was thrilled and his mom was equally happy! I saw him a few weeks ago and he said he's almost out of stickers.So--here's what I thought would be fun. Go through your stash and the older stickers you no longer will use, consider sending them to Brian. His mom was thrilled with the idea and said I could include his address. It would be fun to do this as soon as possible so we can make his Valentine's Day really great.

Here's his address:

Brian Nishimoto

5663 W. 11200

NorthHighland, UT 84003

You all are the best. Thanks for helping with this great cause. And drop me a note if you do choose to send Brian some stickers.

1 comments:

michelle said...

just getting caught up on ur blog. i love this idea, however, i just got rid of about 50 things of stickers. NOT KIDDING... but YOU.. ms, "keeper of everything.." u must have PLENTY to get rid of! im gonna check anyway!

and i love all the other posts on your blog too. mason is SO CUTE! i need him.